WordPress released its first 3.1 RC1(Release Candidate) version.WordPress 3.1 has been in beta testing for a long time now and the Release Candidate is an indication that WordPress 3.1 might be released before the decade ends.WordPress 3.1 was in testing phase since months and now you can download the WordPress 3.1 RC1 version on your blog.
Some of the new features to check out include:
* Post Formats (#14746)
* Theme Search (#14936)
* Internal Linking (#11420)
* Admin Bar (#14772)
* Ajaxified Admin (#14579)
* Updated Tiny MCE (#12574)
* Multi-taxonomy Queries (#12891)
* Custom Post Type Index Pages (#13818)
* Admin CSS Cleanup (#14770)
* User Admin (#14696)
* Network Admin (#14435)
* Password Reset Redux (#5919)
There are also some known issues: things that aren’t *quite* finished, but that weren’t worth holding up the beta release. They will be fixed before 3.1 is released for general use. Note that as things get fixed, the beta release will update nightly. What you should know:
* Fatal error: Call to a member function is_page() on a non-object in /wp-includes/query.php. is_page() may be any conditional tag. This issue occurs when a theme or plugin is doing something wrong. Some code is checking the value of a conditional tag before we actually set up the Query, which means they don’t work yet. In 3.0, they silently failed and always returned false. In 3.1 Beta 1, this is throwing a fatal error. This will be handled in the final release, so use this opportunity to fix your plugins. (#14729)
* All known issues slated for fixing before launch are listed in Trac. Please check this list to see if a bug is already on the list before reporting it.
According to WordPress team:
We have closed nearly 700 tickets with tons of changes. Theme and Plugin authors, please check your provided stuff. If there is any compatibility issue, we can fix it before the final release.
If you are testing the WordPress 3.1 RC 1 and found any bugs, Please contact WordPress team in any of listed method on the Release Candidate Page.
If you want to try out you can download it, Just click on the Download.