A simple to use method of embedding YouTube videos into your posts and pages but with powerful features for those that need them.
Artiss YouTube Embed (formally YouTube Embed) is an incredibly simple, yet powerful, method of embedding YouTube videos into your WordPress site. Options include:
- XHTML and HTML5 compliant – works with all the latest browsers
- Multiple embedding methods available – OBJECT, IFRAME and EmbedPlus
- Allow users to add videos to comments
- Build your own playlists and play them back however you want
- Create multiple profiles – use them for different videos to get the exact style that you want
- Google compatible metadata is added to the video output – great for SEO!
- Code is cached for maximum performance
- Using a different YouTube plugin? Documentation and tools are provided to help you migrate to Artiss YouTube Embed
- And much, much more!
To add a video to a post or page simply use the shortcode
video is the ID or URL of the video. Alternatively, you can add one (or more) widgets to your sidebar.
Within the administration area of your blog you will find a new menu named
YouTube (see screenshot 1). Click on the
Options sub-menu to set a number of general options. Alternatively click on the
Profiles sub-menu to set the default options which define the output of your videos – any videos you display (unless overridden by parameters – more on that later) will use the settings from the Profiles screen.
The above should get you started – for more information and advanced options please read the “Other Notes” tab. This also includes details on how to migrate from another embedding plugin to Artiss YouTube Embed.
Although this document contains a lot of information more is available from a series of linked pages, plus as much information as possible is provided on the various administration pages. Whilst on the administration pages, click on the “Help” button in the top right for some useful tips and links. If anything isn’t covered and you’re unsure of what it does please ask on the forum.
Not yet convinced? See the feature comparison between this and the top 10 alternative plugins for embedding YouTube videos.
For help with this plugin, or simply to comment or get in touch, please read the appropriate section in “Other Notes” for details. This plugin, and all support, is supplied for free, but donations are always welcome.