Nofollow Case by Case is a Follow Plugin for Comment Author URLs and Comment (text) links. Say no to nofollow without losing control for comment links…
Version – 18.104.22.168
- Deutsche Plugin-Beschreibung auf fob-marketing.de
- Deutsche FAQ auf fob-marketing.de
New (07/2009): NFCBC SEO Plugin ADD-on for better comment management New (07/2009): NFCBC SEO Light is an alternative Follow/Nofollow Plugin. (Suggests follow, nofollow or no link automatically, depending on comments length.)
NFCBC SEO Plugin Add-on can be used with both plugins (Nofollow Case by Case or NFCBC SEO Light).
- Follow Plugin for WordPress (all comment links are real links by default).
- Strip nofollow from comment links, comment author links, pingbacks and trackbacks (default).
- Selectively apply nofollow to any comment link you do not like to support.
- Selectively apply nofollow to any comment author link you do not like to support.
- If you like to open your comment links in a new window you can.
As long as you do nothing Nofollow Case by Case automatically strips nofollow from all your comment links and comment author links.
<a href=’http://www.example.com/’ rel=’external nofollow’>… will become: <a href=’http://www.example.com/’>…
Working with Nofollow Case by Case:
If you recognize a link within your comments that you do not like to support:
- open the comment
- edit ‘/dontfollow’ to that link and
- save it like that.
Example (modifying a link): http://www.example.com/dontfollow
This will activate nofollow for that link. Your link will be changed
from: <a href=’http://www.example.com/’>… to: <a href=’http://www.example.com/’ rel=’nofollow’>…
Now the major search engines will not give link juice to your link anymore. You do not vote for the link and supply neither PageRank nor Trust.
You should not try to use more than one follow plugin. So if you have a follow plugin already and want to give Nofollow Case by Case a try you should deactivate your existing follow plugin first because one of the plugins might overwrite the rules of the other one.
- If you want your comment links to be opened in a new window change the default option in line 58 of your nofollow_case_by_case.php.
- Just upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress admin
… and you are ready to go!
Nofollow Case by Case is a Follow Plugin for Comment Author URLs and Comment (text) links. Say no to nofollow without losing control for comment links
Other Notes :
You can discuss Nofollow Case by Case in the WordPress Support Forum or send me an email if you like.