Author URI: http://frumph.net/ This plugin creates a text based ajax chat page on your site for users to interact with each other…
Version – 0.2.8
- Based on PHPFreeChat.NET, version 1.3
PHPFreeChat is a free, simple to install, fast, customizable and multi languages chat that uses a simple filesystem for message and nickname storage. It uses AJAX to smoothly refresh (no flicker) and display the chat zone and the nickname zone. It supports multi-rooms (/join), private messages, moderation (/kick, /ban), dice rolling and more!
PHPFreeChat is all contained on your server with no extra daemons or connections to other hosts.
Includes 2 widgets, showing who is online and the latest chatter going on in a chat channel you choose.
Warning: This is untested with quite a few hosts, it uses sessions and mysql-innodb, ctype-* functions and flock.
- Once activated add a page in wordpress and put [phpfreechat] in it.
- Go to the dashboard -> settings -> phpfreechat settings and change settings, save.
- Remember to save the settings once and all of the settings are appropriate.
- To refresh your settings after making changes, change your name to
adminwith the command
/nick adminand type
/identify <password>the password being the one you set in options, then type
/helpto get a list of commands,
/rehashresets all the settings to what was changed in the dashboard administration.
- If you use wordpress – phpfreechat please send me a message on Twitter
More hosts are now supported
- Upload the
phpfreechatdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> PHPFreeChat Settings and set our options once.
- Create a page on your site and embed the shortcode [phpfreechat] inside the page.
WordPress PHPFreeChat is released under the GNU GPL version 2.0 or later.