Shantz WP QOTD is the coolest plugin to add quotes to your wordpress blog posts and sidebars in a few easy clicks…..
Version – 1.2.2
There are many quotes plugins out there. This one has been started by me (Shantanu Goel) with a view to have the best of features and options, ease of use and multiple sources to get the quotes from. (For Complete Details, go to my tech blog)
- Add quotes to all your posts automatically.
- Widget support – Can also have a widget in the sidebar for quotes.
- Customize and style your quotes with your own text and tags.
- Multiple sources for quotes (paste in admin page, get from file implemented, fetch from web/rss soon to come)
- Multiple patterns for quotes – Random Quote, Quote of the day (all posts display quote of the day), Quote of that day (all posts display quote for their own days)
- Pattern for widget can be different
- Customization for widget can be different
- Add quotes to top or bottom of posts
- Custom template tag to add quote anywhere you want
- Custom quote boundary decalarator tags/Multiline quote support
- Enable/Disable the quotes without deactivating the plugin
- Option to exclude pages from displaying quotes
- Fetch from web/RSS support
- Quotes Categories
- Pics support for quotes
- Anything else you want
- File selection
The Shantz-WP-QOTD plugin can be installed in following easy steps:
- Unzip “shantz-wp-qotd” archive and put all files into your “plugins” folder (/wp-content/plugins/). It is advisable to create a sub directory into the plugins folder, like /wp-content/plugins/shantz-wp-qotd/
- Activate the plugin
- Go to Options > Shantz WP Quotes, adjust your settings and save them.
- For adding and configuring widget to sidebar, go to Presentation > Widgets.
Shantz WP QOTD is the coolest plugin to add quotes to your wordpress blog posts and sidebars in a few easy clicks.
Other Notes :
For more updates, go to shantz-wp-qotd home page
- Version 1.2.2
- Fixed a bug because of which quotes were blank some times.
- Version 1.2.1
- Option to exclude pages from displaying quotes is also compatible with wordpress version < 2.1
- Version 1.2.0
- Added option to exclude pages from displaying quotes
- Fixed a bug that quotes source selection checkboxes always remain checked after updating settings.
- Cosmetic: Fixed a few spelling mistakes
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Cosmetic: Changed readme.txt according to wp-extend standards
- Version 1.1.0
- Added Custom tag support for adding quotes anywhere in your posts/pages
- Added Custom quote separator support and multi-line quotes support
- Version 1.0.1
- Fixed some styling related issues for text to be added before or after the quote displayed in the widget
- Version 1.0.0
- Initial version