Super lightweight, simple, nice, modern looking and effective social sharing and following buttons and icons on your site without the extra burden….
Version – 1.3.0
WordPress Social Media Feather is a super lightweight free social media WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and painlessly add social sharing and following features to all your posts, pages and custom post types.
Now the only social sharing and bookmarking plugin with full support for the Retina and high resolution displays as used in iPad 5 and other devices!
The primary goal behind the plugin is to provide very lightweight WordPress social sharing and following that doesn’t add any unnecessary burden to your site and especially on your users.
What sets WordPress Social Media Feather aside from the plethora of other social sharing and following WordPress plugins is its focus on simplicity, performance and unobtrusive impact.
By keeping load times at a minimum, you ensure that all the social sharing aspects of your site don’t interfere with those visitors who just want to access the content but are not interested in sharing on social platforms.
On the other hand, given the widespread focus on WordPress social media integration, your site will still provide social bookmarks to improve visibility of your posts and content and improve your overall global reach.
The WordPress social media sharing offered by the plugin includes all major social sharing providers like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, Linkedin and even e-mail.
The plugin also offers widgets for sharing and following buttons that you can place in any widgetized area in your site. Widgets also expose some settings to tweak appearance.
- Integrated WordPress social sharing
- Full support for Retina and high resolution displays
- WordPress social sharing and following widgets
- Supports all major providers of social features
- Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, reddit, Pinterest, Linkedin and e-mail
- Following on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube or RSS Feed
- Each social provider can be enabled or disabled
- Ability to select what services each provider will be exposed for
- Full customization for titles and URLs for each provider
- Super lightweight social sharing and following
- Fast unobtrusive social bookmarks for your site
- Comes with a default modern icon set
- For further customization more social icons skins are available
- Available skins can be customized with cool effects like fading and greying out social icons
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site:
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site using the “Wheel” icons skin:
This shortcode will create a list of social sharing buttons to share content on your site using the “Wheel” icons skin with a size of 64 pixels:
[feather_share skin="wheel" size="64"]
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you:
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you, using the “Balloon” icons skin:
The next shortcode will create a list of social following buttons that allow visitors to follow you, using the “Balloon” icons skin with a size of 64 pixels:
[feather_follow skin="balloon" size="64"]
If you don’t want to use shortcodes but instead prefer to use PHP directly, there are 2 PHP functions/template tags you can use.
For sharing buttons you can use:
For following buttons you can use:
- WordPress Social Media Plugin Official Page
- Extra Social Icons Skins
- Grey Fade addon that can grey out and fade out any social icons set
- Our own site where you can see social sharing and following in action
- Stripefolio theme demo where you can see some of the social sharing and following features in action
- The free Stripefolio WordPress portfolio theme the Official page for the theme in the above demo link
- Download the plugin
- Simply go under the Plugins page, then click on Add new and select the plugin’s .zip file
- Alternatively you can extract the contents of the zip file directly to your wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Finally, just go under Plugins and activate the plugin
- An example of how the sharing or following buttons appear in the front-end at 64 pixel resolution
- An example of how the sharing or following buttons appear in the front-end at 24 pixel resolution
- An example of how the sharing or following buttons appear in the front-end using the Extra Social Icons addon
- Showing how using the Grey Fade addon transforms the sharing or following buttons in the front-end
- A demo of how providers can be customized in the back-end
- An view of some of the settings that can be customized in the back-end
- This shows the available social sharing and following widgets and their settings
Detail Here: – http://wordpress.org/plugins/social-media-feather/