It is a very distinctive tag cloud plugin, it can shine, pop up related-tip, and link you and others through tags…..
Version – 0.5
It will display a distinctive tag cloud in sidebar, each tag in the tag cloud will pop up a tooltip that lists the hottest and latest posts’ excerpts and url links related with the tag. These posts come from not only your blog but also other blogs. Through sharing publish-status posts’ excerpts among blogs, more people who access other blogs will have a chance to know your blog, and, you’ll be able to know more information of others also. Furthermore, Whenever a new post adding tags is published in any of these wordpress blogs, the same tags in your tag cloud will glitter to inform you of the updates. If you have any question, please mail to [email protected]
- Copy the whole tagally-for-wp folder to `’/wp-content/plugins/’` directory.
- Deactivate All UltimateTagWarrior plugins to avoid potential conflict.
- Activate the Plugin: Go to the WordPress Administration Plugins Panel and activate TagALLY-for-WP plugin.
- Set Options: From the WordPress Administration Panels, choose Dashboard > TagALLY > Options. Set the options to meet your needs.
- Make sure that your theme supports widgets and the code “<?php wp_head(); ?>” is written before “</head>” in the header.php file and the code “<?php wp_footer(); ?>” is written before “</body>” in the footer.php file of your theme.
From the WordPress Administration Panels, choose Dashboard > TagALLY > Options. Set the options to meet your needs.
- Pop up tooltips in tagcloud: selecting yes to pop up tooltips when moving mouse cursor to a tag displayed in tagcloud.
- Most popular Font: most popular tag will be displayed in the font in the tag cloud.
- Least popular Font: least popular tag will be displayed in the font in the tag cloud.
- TagCloud Title: the title of tagcloud.
- Showing how many tags in tagcloud most: the most number of tags displayed in tagcloud.
- TagCloud color type: selecting any one of three types to configure tag cloud color.
- Custom Colorful TagCloud: display a colorful tag cloud according to your custom color scheme which consists of a series of colors.
- Progressive Color TagCloud: according to “Most popular color” and “Least popular color”, display tag cloud in progressive colors.
- Most popular color: most popular tag will be displayed in the color in the tag cloud.
- Least popular color: lease popular tag will be displayed in the color in the tag cloud.
- Standard Colorful TagCloud: display a colorful tag cloud accroding to your selection from standard color schemes the plugin supplies.
- TagCloud sample background color: set tagcloud preview sample background color.
Export posts and related tags
From the WordPress Administration Panels, choose Dashboard > TagALLY > Manage, you’ll be able to use one-click method to export your posts and related tags.
We’ll only collect those publish-status posts’s links and excerpts grouped by their tags in TagALLY website, then make them sharable among wordpress blogs and later even anyone who accesses TagALLY website.
Displaying a Tag Cloud in sidebar
If your blog version is lower than wordpress 2.7, Go to Design > Widgets Panel, find out ‘TagAlly: Tag Cloud’ and press ‘Add’ beside it. Finally, Don’t forget to press ‘Save Changes’ button to save your setting.. For wordpress 2.7 or higher, Go to Appearance > Widgets Panel, drag the “TagAlly-for-WP:TagCloud” to your sidebar.
Upgrading to version 0.5 from lower version
Copy the new files to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/tagally-for-wp’ directory, overwriting old files. You also make use of ‘Plugin Update Notification’ of wordpress 2.5 or higher to upgrade your plugin.