Download Version – 4.6
No More Spam
You can read more at the WP Hashcash plugin page. WP Hashcash is 100% GPL compatible.
- Blocks all comment spam, but not real comments
- Also prevents most trackback / pingback spam
- Also protects signup pages for WordPress (WP), BuddyPress (BP), and WordPress Multi-User (WPMU)
- Widget support to display spam statistics and edit the configuration
- Works with IE, Firefox, and Safari
- 100% standards compliant XHTML 1.1, works with jQuery and Prototype
- Tested with Wordpres 2, Firefox, Safari, IE, and Chrome
- Akismet compatibility
WP Hashcash relies on the presence of two hooks in your theme,
comment_form. If your theme doesn’t include these actions, you will need to add them immediately before the end head and end form tags respectively.
To install WP Hashcash, please download the plugin and unzip it, then copy the wp-hashcash.php file to wp-content/plugins. Activate the plugin and drag into your Widgetized sidebar for public statistics, or visit Options, WP Hashcash from the admin panel to configure options.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of WP-Hashcash, please disabled the plugin, then delete its files entirely. Then, upload the latest plugin files and activate!
- WordPress Hashcash Options Screen
- “One of my favorites”
- “this is a clever idea that I think might work well”
- “I haven’t had a single comment spam in my comment moderation queue for over a week now. I’m feeling the love!”
- “The least annoying one I have found”
- “this thing was a trivial install”
- “a fancier technique”
- “Comment Spam is a thing of the past, and I owe it to Spam Stopgap Extreme. If you use WordPress, I highly recommend installing this plugin. It has completely eliminated the comment spam problem I was having. I no longer need the spammer Tarpit plugin, or anything.”
- “Why am I not worried about comment spam anymore? Because of my awesome new blog plugin, Spam Stopgap Extreme. This baby blocks any bot trying to post to my blog. No blacklists, no moderation, no ‘spam points’, no nothing. You won’t even know that it’s working.”
- “I haven’t had anything to ‘deal’ with in several weeks. That’s a nice thing. I’ve also had a bunch of folks leave legitimate comments that have gotten through. It’s all good.”